Special Awards & Recognition
* 1990, 1994 – NYTB Artistic Director receives The National Arts Club’s annual Helen Wieselberg Award for Project LIFT and other achievements.
* 1995 – Lincoln Center’s musical Dreams on a Shoestring is patterned on Project LIFT.
* 1996 – President’s Committee on Arts & Humanities selects LIFT from among hundreds as a model of national significance. LIFT is recognized in Coming Up Taller and by the First Lady Hillary Rodham Clinton at the White House.
* 1997 – Van Lier awards given to 3 gifted LIFT students.
* 1998 – Semifinalist in the invitational National Competition of The President’s Committee on Arts & Humanities. Recognized by The National Endowment for the Arts.
* 1990-present – LIFT featured by broadcast and print media, including ABC-TV, NBC-TV, The Mike & Maty Show, Victoria Magazine, The New York Times,Newsweek, New York Family, Pointe Magazine, Dance Magazine, and People Magazine.
* 2006 – present – performances at Morgan Stanley Children’s Hospital.
* 2008 – partnership with Association to Benefit Children.
* 2008 – Van Lier awards given to 4 gifted LIFT students.